Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Colonoscopy Done

All done and happily at home. Still a tad woozy from the magnificent drugs. (No wonder Michael Jackson had his own.) Results were fine. Doctor was great. Karma: It was John’s doctor.

Here’s my lesson though: One of my real fears was that I might have colon cancer as a kind of punishment for this relationship. Ok, I know that I say I believe in a loving God, but at times like this I must really have a mean Old Testament God lurking somewhere inside my belief system.

Other cancer caregivers have you had these kinds of fears about your health?

For the rest of today I just say thank you to that and all other gods and look forward to a lovely chicken breast and baked potato for supper.

Tonight at 8pm Obama speaks to Congress on healthcare. That too is part of Love and Cancer. Let’s listen in at 8PM.

No comments: