Monday, February 20, 2012

The Cottage Weekend

This weekend we made our pilgrimage to The Cottage in Lenox. It's an annual trip and an anniversary celebration. Each year it's a measure of how we are. We have gone there in terror (year one), in joy, in exhaustion, in lust, in chemo and in total silliness (my favorite).

Each year we pack a huge bag of books, magazines, and the Kindle. And even tho the owner of the B&B feeds us well we take extra desserts (cannoli) and extra breakfast (scones). And I take my red licorice (and some red lace). Then we lock our selves in for 2 and a half days of reading and relaxing.

On the way home we hit the used bookstores in Lenox, Stockbridge and West Stockbridge for more books. This year my great find was a first edition of "Death was The Other Woman" by Linda L. Richards. How could I pass up a title like that?

No comments: