Saturday, March 14, 2020

Meditation and Mindfullness for Caregivers

It would seem impossible to add one more thing to the caregiver’s to-do list. But, adding meditation or a mindfulness practice may be the very thing that makes that too long list a little more manageable.

No, doing meditation or yoga or Qigong or another mindful practice is not a total remedy to the stress and business of caregiving, but is absolutely a positive aid and help.

Now documented in many years longitudinal research, it’s been shown that caregivers—of people with serious illness, dementia or a child with a developmental delay—cope better, report more ease, and have fewer physical symptoms of their own when they are engaged in a mindfulness practice.

And mindful meditation, breathing practice or yoga becomes more than just a way to cope with the stress; it’s a way to fully embrace one’s life as caregiver.  

Trying to attend a weekly class may be over the top, but there are many online resources, and podcasts that give basic instruction in Pranayama (Yoga breathing), restorative yoga, mindful awareness, and meditation. 

And if you are part of a caregiver support group, ask if some meditation or yoga instruction can be added to the meeting once a month.

1 comment:

kramer sandra said...

EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER ONLINE THANKS DR GBOJIE +2349066410185 
My Husband and I have been together for 3years, we started having issues this year and we both broke up , after our fight over his cheating habits which they all say it's not their fault but I was the one getting hurt for it . I was upset over the whole issue that I had to call for the separation but I felt really bad. The separation really had effects on my daughter who had to live away from her father that I had to think of a way to settle things out and find solution to my husband's awkward behavior. I found out about a spell caster  (Dr gbojie  ) on this site (  http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me     ) who helped me with the problem to make my spouse come back to me and make him stop cheating. Soon, Richard came back to me begging at Sicily where I stayed after our divorce and I told him he has to show me he has changed for me to believe him. He came back twice after that day to Sicily begging me to have him back. Its been 1 month  now since my husband came back to me and we have been living together since that day. I believe this man can also help you too in getting your Ex lover back and also solve other problems  His email address is ( gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com  or gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com ) also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2349066410185