Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Shoes

I bought two pairs of shoes on vacation. The first are Cole Haan moccasins. A perfect saddle tan color that will burnish with wear and earn a lovely warm patina. My 15 year-old Coach moccasins were worn and torn beyond repair. I loved them from the day I bought them and every day for 15 years. The cost-per-wear on those old Coach mocs was excellent. They may have even begun to pay for these new shoes.

The second pair required more deliberation. I saw them on Tuesday and tried them, walked around the store, put them back, tried again. Then I left the store and came back Wednesday and tried them on again. These are boots, also a saddle-tan color and western looking with out really being a cowboy boot. They are above the ankle and have a 2 and a half inch stacked wooden heel. I felt tall and strong in these boots. Not Nancy Sinatra, no whip and no stiletto, but these boots are made for walking. Something in these boots I need right now. They make me taller but I can stride in them.

Why shoes? Does any woman have to ask?

No comments: